Community Connections Program
Newcomers to Canada…
Expand your network and become part of a welcoming community.
Community Connections for Newcomers offers a variety of activities for all ages to help you get connected in our community.
Be connected with a Canadian volunteer for English conversation practice or cultural exchange.
Be connected with a Canadian professional to learn about your desired career here in Canada.
Connect with our many activities that will introduce you to new people, places, and skills; or be welcome to share your own culture and skills with the community:
• Conversation Café – practice English conversation and network
• Community Demonstration Kitchen – learn to prepare an international recipe or share your own
• Workshops – try something new each month like a dance or art class, or offer to teach us something new
• Sports activities – try some favourite Canadian sports or participate in the universal sport: soccer (football)
• Community Events – network and experience our welcoming community. Food will always be included!
• Seniors Group – for age 50 plus, join us for a wide variety of healthy activities that will help you feel welcome in our community
• Youth Group – for age 14-24, check out the Multicultural United Youth (MUY) page for everything you need to know
• Homework Club – children receive help with their homework while practicing English and meeting other new children at their school
Please see our Events Calendar for activity dates, times, and locations. We welcome you anytime! We welcome your ideas for programs and activities!
We want to help you get connected in our welcoming community. Make an appointment with our Community Connections office to fill out your Community Connections Passport and together we can help you make connections in all the areas of our community that are important to you.
Connect with Lori at (905) 732-5337 x33 or email@example.com